Dahlia flowers are often associated with various meanings that may range from messages of enduring grace to signals of warning.
• They symbolize elegance, inner strength, creativity, change, and dignity. They are also known to represent one who stands strong in his/her sacred values.
• During the Victorian era, these flowers were believed to be an indication of personal sentiments. They meant commitment, or an everlasting bond or union. The qualities of elegance and dignity were also associated with them in the Victorian language of flowers. Furthermore, it is said that this symbolism is still used today. Moreover, these flowers are widely used during marriage celebrations.
• Some others believe that it is a representation of diversity.
• The negative meanings associated with these flowers include betrayal, instability, and dishonesty.
• It is believed that these flowers were given their name by Antonio José Cavanilles (Director of the Royal Gardens, Madrid). He actually named the flower after another botanist named Anders Dahl.
• Since Dahl is similar in sound to the Swedish word ‘dal’, which means valley, they are also referred to as valley flowers at times.
• It is believed that the first tubers came into Europe in the 18th century.
• Based on the type of flower, dahlias can be classified as single-flowered type, ball type, pompon type, cactus type, semi-cactus type, collarette type, fimbriated type, waterlily type, decorative type, and the miscellaneous type.
• Their wide range of colors include red, pink, white, orange, yellow, purple, and many more. Moreover, some of the species may have different-colored stripes on them, while others may have a different color just on the tips (color different from the rest of the flower).
• Earlier, their ball and small decorative varieties were quite popular; however, nowadays their larger sizes and their cactus types attract people.
• These plants are characterized by their tuberous roots, variously colored flower heads, and leafy stems. Furthermore, they have a height range of 1 feet to more than 6-8 feet. Their flowers can be extremely small (about 2 inches across) or extremely large (up to 12 inches across) in size.
• A well-known example of large dahlias are the dinnerplate dhalias, with their 10 to 12 inch diameter of double flowers.
• The species Dahlia pinnata is the national flower of Mexico.
• These flowers is believed to be the most popular flowering plant of the summer season.
• They are usually perennials in warm climates; however, it is believed that they may be treated as annuals in cooler climates.
৳ 10,000.00 – ৳ 65,000.00